Friday, July 17, 2015

Canvas

A friend posted a quote that she liked on her FB page and I thought it would be nice to make her a canvas with that quote on it.    I loved how it turned out in the end but it was a lot of trial and error getting the that result.

I printed out the quote and then fussy cut each word out and inked and distressed them to add to the canvas, the limb was hand drawn and then fussy cut and inked and distressed also.

Here is a little video slide-show to show some of the thought process that went into this work.
the first picture in the video is the original quote that she posted on her wall, the next one is my thought of making it like the original on just the plain blue canvas after cutting out all the words.  But then I thought that it just wasn't the type of work I like to do so I started playing around and as you can see, I mixed my texture paste color up way to bright and had to really work to tone that down.  I also cut the flowers for it from a scrap of pattern paper and then inked and distressed them to add some dimension to the Canvas.


No comments:

Post a Comment