Sunday, July 12, 2015

Improving on Pocket Letters

After a little trial and error with my first Pocket Letter I decided to do another personal swap with Taneisha over at Craft that Diva's on FB.  Her and me like the same style of Shabby / Vintage so we were a perfect match for a PPL swap.   And after receiving each others in the mail we realized that we had actually used the same papers for each others letters that we had made :-)  Just proving how similar we were in our likes and style.

Here is my completed letter that I made for her and also individual pictures of the ATC's that were made for the letter to show dimension and detail before adding to the sleeve for mailing.  I added goodies to back also but did not snap a picture of that side.
this is the completed letter in the sleeve with the dangle charm added and washi tape added along the hole border
This is the dangle charm I made to add to the side of the pocket letter.  I added little beads to the glass bottle and added an image covered with glossy accents to the inside of the bottle cap along with some beaded dangles and charms from the trio of chains I connected to the lobster clasp
for this one I die cut the birdcage and added some liquid pearls at the bottom.  then I added a die cut bird with a little pearl eye and popped up wing.  then I added gesso to the store bought metal key to make it more shabby and made a little lace bow to place behind it
this one I fussy cut out parts of the page in the paper that had little paper embellishments.  I cut out the little envelope and inked and folded it up and then a couple of the tags along with the quote.  I popped up the quote and added those two tags behind it and in front of the envelope.  then I took a scrap of the paper and cut it to fit in the envelope and folded over a mulberry flower and added a flat back pearl to the top of that little tag.   all the tags can be removed and used.
this one might be my favorite portion.  die cut out the heart and added it along with some teardrop trim and paper roses that I made from petals I had punched out and die cut an oval from the grid paper and added to the background with three flat back pearls.  then I die cut out the little cupid angel and popped it up at the top of the heart along with another diy flower with stickles in the center.  and, I don't know if you can see it very well but I took a tiny scrap of the paper and hand drew lines on it to resemble an envelope and then stuck that to the back of cupids hand.
didn't do a whole lot to this one because the paper was already so pretty.  just die cut out and added a swirl and then added the store bought dimensional butterfly over it
die cut the lady profile and then glued it to black card stock and fussy cut around it to make it stand out and then sprayed it with some of my diy shimmer sprays.  fussy cut out the word "beautiful" from the paper and inked around it and then bent it a little and added a pop dot behind one side of it for dimension.  added a little lace behind everything at the bottom and then added a ribbon rose with some tulle coming up the back and top of it with a couple flat back pearls.
used a portion of a store bought die cut border along the edge with a tulle and pearl spray coming out of the side of it and then added a store bought little shimmery paper doily popped up for dimension and then topped that with a crown shaped bead.

made a little pocket out of some of the paper and then die cut out a couple tags and added to the pocket with some fibers on top.  die cut out the shoe and then glued it onto black cardstock and fussy cut a little border around it to make it stand out on the pattern paper.  made a little flower stickpin to tuck into the pocket behind the shoe along with a little spray of tulle.


die cut out a frame and backed it with some solid paper to showcase the torso dress form that I made with Mod Melts using a mold that I had made myself.  I also rubbed gesso over the whole form to make it more shabby.


die cut the cup out of pattern paper then added a pop dot behind the back center to add some dimension and then added some little dots to the bottom, made the 'steam' with some die cut swirls and added some tulle behind them.  fussy cut the postcard from the paper and added on top of the background paper.


I was really pleased with how this Pocket Letter turned out with the Shabby - Vintage feel and all the dimension and little elements added along the way.   





 

No comments:

Post a Comment