Sunday, July 12, 2015

FLY !!

Until you spread your wings, you have no idea how far you will fly !!

This is a struggle I face daily and it became the inspiration for Mr Bird here.   I started with a bare wood bird that was about 6 x 7 inches in size and I kept adding gesso, paint, glaze, crackle, ink, rub-n-buff, etc to it until I could get it to resemble what I thought it should look like.  After getting to that point and then allowing it to dry I got to the fun part of decorating him.   I did some Zentangle on his wooden bowtie and made the frame at the top from some air dry clay and just started adding embellishments until he had the personality I felt he deserved.    This project just gave me another example that you can always take the plain and drab and make it awesome if you are willing to work at it !!


No comments:

Post a Comment